Good Oral Hygiene is known as the foundation of all dental health.
Dental disease such as tooth decay and gum disease is all preventable. Our dental hygienist is focused on maintaining the health of the supporting structures of the teeth. Gums are basically the foundations of your teeth so without good foundations healthy teeth can be lost.
We can help show you how to look after your teeth and gums, by making a tailor-made oral care regime for you so you can look after your teeth every day at home.
Cleaning well at the gum margins and cleaning daily between the teeth removes the dental plaque that causes decay and gum disease.
With proven links now to gum disease to heart disease, diabetes and other systemic diseases, it’s not only the mouth you are looking after but your whole body!
Sarah Cox is our experienced caring dental hygienist and she will work with you, for you.
As well as carrying out routine cleanings, a treatment plan formulated for treating your gum disease will be made, recording measurements on individual teeth, deep cleaning or root surface debridements under local anaesthetic can be carried out.
30 minute appointment
To maximize the chances of retaining your teeth for life:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Remove plaque from between the teeth using floss or brushes daily
- Spit don’t rinse after brushing
- If you use mouthwash don’t use it directly after brushing as you rinse away the fluoride from your toothpaste.
- Quit smoking to help reduce the chances of tooth staining, gum disease, tooth loss, and in more severe cases mouth cancer.
- Keep sugary snacks and drinks to meal times
- Toothbrushes should be changed every three months
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups.